Blog Psalm 31:5a

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Grand Opening" and Fresh Bread

WOW!  How exciting to wake up to the “Grand Opening” of my new web site. NancyGordonMusic.com !!! I wish I could serve you some hot coffee and wonderful Atlanta Bread Co. cinnamon rolls! (Yea!  Bill and Holly Turk in Mobile, AL... the best!) Since I can’t offer you refreshments online, I will offer you the “Bread of Life,” God’s living Word.

Early this morning I was reading from a small antique book, Royal Bounty, by Frances Ridley Havergal. This songwriter wrote “Take my life and let it be, consecrated Lord to Thee...”  I remember singing that hymn as a young girl sitting beside my Aunt Nell in Calvary Baptist Church;` I was so happy singing to the top of my voice!  My cousins Joanne and Patsy played the piano, so I was surrounded by the chords and refrains of the beloved hymns.

I think those songs took deep root in me, somewhat like my potato vine which is now climbing towards the roof of my patio! I was overwhelmed with the joy in those songs of praise, and they had no where to go but up and “out of me.”   I guess that is just what they did.

My reading today was, “Then I told them of ... the king’s words that he had spoken unto me.  And they said, let us rise up and build.  So they strengthened their hands for this good work.”  (Neh. 2:18)

What good work are you called to today?  Perhaps it is as simple as being available to someone in need. Or, you could be sitting on a judges’ bench making decisions that protect and defend millions of people.  Maybe you are nursing babies and raising small children -- the most important “root work” that few see in the moment -- but fragile hearts would perish without your love.  Take some time today to allow God to strengthen your hands.  Just come to Him, give thanks and praise, ask and receive HIS new mercies for this day.  I would love to hear how HE strengthens you.

Have a blessed day!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!