Blog Psalm 31:5a

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Morning

What beautiful days we are having here in Fairhope, AL. One of my favorite things to do is to walk on Mobile Bay. The pier is 1/2 mile total in length, up and back, and there are some wonderful stairs to climb up the bluff. The only problem is that when the sun is setting and you are walking down the pier watching it's splendor, on your return your back is to the sun.  I have been known to walk somewhat sideways in order to observe and cherish this amazing event! ( I must kind of look like a crab.) I promised myself when we finally moved here that there would never be another "casual sunset."  God's brilliant handiwork paints a new canvas in the skies everyday, and even when it is gray and cloudy you know the sun is still shining.  It's just another reminder of HIS faithfulness in all the seasons of our lives.

Today is Sunday. Bob and I got up very early (around 5 AM), and we walked about one mile away to McDonald's. Can you believe that most of their workers didn't show up and the doors were closed?  Only two people were there, and we stood at the drive-through window and ordered our "senior coffee" (that feels weird).  So we sat on the edge of a brick flower bed, in front of an old, closed Food World, and like two kids drank our coffee and talked about "life stuff".  Then we joined a group of Army National Guard soldiers in their morning run, although we walked. We surely felt safe and kind of special, like we were training with them! :) :)  We talked to one soldier who told us they were getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan.  Immediately, I was flooded with memories of Nolan's deployment. Prayers for these solders have been in my heart all morning.

I am going to help teach the three and four year old Sunday School and then sing "The Blessing Song" for church. Bob is finishing Frances Grace's playhouse today. We will rest together this afternoon, hopefully have a nap and maybe watch a movie.

I Corinthians 2 "The Spirit, not content to flit around on the surface, dives into the depths of God, and brings out what God planned all along." 

...I love pondering this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!