Blog Psalm 31:5a

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Friends

My dear friend, Himmie, turned 60 years old Dec. 6. She has never looked better, glowing as she celebrated with new and old friends. Himmie is the wedding singer, and I can still hear her beautiful voice at my wedding 36 years ago and more recently at my oldest son’s wedding ceremony in 2002.  His was  a Christmas Military Wedding so rich with wonderful traditions, hope and excitement. Strength and courage were undergirding the promises and vows being made with Himmie’s soprano voice filling in the tender moments of the making of a lifetime memory.  Friends are the rich background of life’s events and such rare gifts that we too often take for granted.

Monteagle, Tennessee… check it out.  Thanks Margret!
Kindergarten teachers… what is not to love about them!
Himmie’s friends now my friends! What a gift!

The ladybugs... joined together to do good!

Now, home… onward to prepare for Christmas, while remembering this thought:  “Christmas Ease.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!