Blog Psalm 31:5a

Friday, September 30, 2011

The Empty Nest Season

Have you ever been stuck in life? I have, and perhaps in some ways I still am. The ebb and flow just seemed to stop ebbing and flowing for me. The pendulum of life had swung from high to low one too many times, and I couldn’t ride it out any longer. I had to let go, retreat... and now I am finding a new rythum in a new season of life. They call it empty nest.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 puts it like this:

"For everything there is a season,
     a time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
     A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.
     A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
     A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
     A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
     A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
     A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
     A time for war and a time for peace."


EMPTY is not an attractive word to me, but it is a word full of possibilities. It’s time to refill the nest for the next season of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!